Sunday, May 18, 2008

What A Wonderful...

Weekend it turned out to be!

Besides the vomit all over me on Friday night from little man - the weekend didn't turn out 1/2 bad!

Saturday was spent just relaxing at home and having an early dinner with some friends. When I went to the mailbox in the afternoon, I received the BEST news I've had in a long time; a giant envelope from the Developmental Pediatrician. This is such good news because it means the doctor wants to see Zach. In the envelope was a packet containing 17 pages of medical information that needed to be filled out and sent back - the questions were amazing - things one would never think of keeping track of - by the time we were done there was so much detail of Zach's life written down I felt like I had a better knowledge of my own son. Once they receive the paperwork back, the doctor then goes over the information and I will be notified with an appointment date and time. Sure looks as if we won't have to wait that full 12 months before he sees Zachary! I'm so very happy!!! Yes, I'm literally doing the happy dance at this point ;-)

Sunday was spent relaxing in the morning, filling out all that paper work this afternoon (which took 3+ hours to do), and then heading to the beach for a couple hours. It was a great day for the beach - we went at low tide, it gave Zach the opportunity to play in the ocean and feel somewhat comfortable. Doug watched the kids, so that I could try to unwind from all the work we did (sunbathing is like being in heaven for me, with the gentle rolling sounds of the waves and beating hot sun) - it is amazing to me how much simple paperwork can add so much stress to your day - the knowing things aren't right and seeing it on paper brings a whole new element to the situation - questions that were left unanswered because Zach isn't doing them, yet, at his age should be, breaks my heart every time and seeing it in black and white only makes it worse. I toyed with bringing my camera with us to the beach (where is Kori when I need her ;-) and was so disappointed I didn't - right when we got there a family had just caught a shark (YIKES!) It was just a little one, well, when I say little it was still longer then Zach. Anyways we still had fun and yes we still went in the water - just not as far as we would normally.

This weekend really was, a well deserved, wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Awww! I'm so glad you had a better weekend!
You soooo deserve it!
Awesome news about the developmental ped! I bet that paperwork was miserable, but maybe they'll have some more answers for you!
And I missed a beach trip!!! Bleck!
Darn, you have to go back so I can go too! LOL
We just hung at the house today. So much less fun than you!
Glad you got to relax a bit and have a healthy weekend though!
((HUGS!!))