Thursday, May 8, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy: Week 2 Day 2

AHHH the busy life never stops..........

Today was a decent day.....Zach saw Ms Kristin (SLP) and was worked so very hard. He had a very time with therapy today. It started out by us waking into the lobby filled with people he had never seen and very loud - he smiled at Marla but the other lady behind the window couldn't get a smile - even with how hard she tried. He clung so very hard to me waiting in that lobby.

We went back with Ms. Kristin and right when we were settling down to get to work a knock was heard at the door - An OT student from UF wanted to observe. What she observed was SPD coming out in full force as Zach wouldn't do anything - mainly stand and look at the floor - he would look at her for a second then back to the ground his eyes would go. She was finally called into another room and Zach came out of his shell a little bit. I noticed a lot of Zach redirecting Kristin as things were getting harder for him. I'm not even so sure we really got anything out of him today. He didn't babble until it was time to leave and even then it wasn't much.

I rushed to go get Zoe and got there 10 minutes late -- not a good Mommy! When I saw the look on her face, my heart broke - she wasn't happy being the last kid in the room (this is the first time this has happened)

From there it was over to the lab. My little man had to have a bag put on his penis (did not like this) and then had to have 5 vials of blood drawn. Three women had to do it but I think we would have been fine with two. One lady was trying to distract him by singing songs - it was really getting on my nerves, the other was switching out the vials, and the last was holding the needle. First poke --- not a movement, not a peep out of him, he wasn't even in his own skin, just quiet, deep stares at the ground. His blood flow stopped by the 3rd vial so he had to be poked in the other arm - this time Zach was there, he wasn't happy but only cried for a second, allowed them to get the rest of what they needed. When we were done, I checked the bag and sure enough the poking scared the pee-pee right out of him. After I got the bag off of him, we were on our way - with a wave good-bye to everyone we passed.

Zach doesn't have OT until next Thursday since Jerry-Anne is on vacation. I guess that gives us a tad of our own break.

Busy, Busy, Busy....glad there are no more appointments for the week. Just lots of phone calls to be made.

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Awww, poor guy! 5 viles is a lot of blood!! And I bet the pee pee bag was a shocker for him! Better than a girl I guess...but poor kid!
Hope it gets some answers!
And the observer...hmm...well, they got to see him in all of his glory today huh?