Saturday, May 24, 2008

I've Missed My First Day....

of blogging, but boy did I need a break! I think I'm allowed a break from blogging from time to time (at least that is what Tanya tells me ;-).

Yesterday was Friday May 23, 2008 - Zoe had no school, Zach had no therapy so our day was spent together trying to have as much fun as we could. Zoe was ecstatic to be out of school and Zach was having an exceptionally well day - until the evening, when a fever hit.

After Zach's last nap I noticed he was hot, it wasn't until Doug came home and said "boy, he feels really hot, have you taken his temp?" before I realized it was worse then I thought. I took his temperature and it was up to 104.5. Instead of going out to dinner like we normally would on a Friday night we had to stay home and watch Zach.

Thank goodness the morning came and we had no vomit in the crib. Zach did wake up still with another 104.0 temperature. He had only woke once in the night and his fever wasn't so bad at 102.8.

Nap time came too soon at 8:30 in the morning (he woke at 7:30am). Zach slept until 1:45pm and woke with vomit - it has returned :-( I hope nap time was the only incident we have to deal with this week.

So much for the fun long weekend we had planned with some friends. I guess we will just have to try for another one. I hope we will have another good weekend sometime really soon!

I've also started to read my new book -- The Child With Special Need by Dr Stanley Greenspan (http://www.amazon.com/Child-Special-Needs-Encouraging-Intellectual/dp/0201407264) So far it is a wonderful, easy to read book, and is bring so much to light with Zachary's issues!

No comments: