Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Morning Time

Another day, another struggle.....

Zach woke up with vomit in his crib...again. I have no clue what is going on with him! He doesn't seem to have a virus or anything. I can't wait until we see the GI - hopefully he will be able to help us with something. Besides the vomit - Zachary was all out of sorts this morning. He was smiling when I got him from his crib - but that quickly changed. I did his brushing and compressions (in hopes his behavior would get better) and he didn't want anything to do with it! The screams were insane. After that was all said and done Zach was still screaming. I'm so tired of the screams! I don't know what he wants, he can't tell me if he hurts. When I ask questions and he is like that - I get no nods or shakes of the head - just more and more, louder and louder screams. This morning the screams lasted for well over 45 minutes.

I had to take the kids to the doctor - since Zoe's fever spiked again last night to 104.8. So far, so good this morning - she has kept the fever at 100.8. If it goes back up (over 101) I am to take her to the hospital for a chest x-ray and some blood tests. She has a cough that has started up but the doctor said she sounded clear for now. I'm to start giving Zoe her inhaler 3 times a day until we get rid of the cough. No meds for now - only if the blood tests show something. Fingers crossed we won't even need to get them done. Today is the first day since Saturday Zoe is off the couch and trying to play. I took Zach just to get looked over because of the vomiting. He looks just fine. The doctor is running some stool tests on him - since she thinks the GI would benefit from having them in his hands when we get there. HUM this whole waking up covered really has me baffled.....

2 comments:

KoriG said...

Hmmm, what a mystery! Poor kid! can't be nice to wake up to vomit!
So glad Zoe is finally feeling better!
Alex sends her his love! He wants to talk to her on the phone tomorrow :-) LOL

Sophie said...

Tell that to him - he wakes up with a smile and just points to it LOL