Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008

AH the joys of Mother's Day......

Last night ended WONDERFUL.....The kids gave me my presents early so I could enjoy them. Also because Doug really needs to learn you can't trust a 5 year-old with a secret. I got the cutest, most comfortable pair of Victoria's Secret blue jammies, and my favorite scented hand soaps from Bath and Body Works. After the kids were asleep Doug and I spent the night having a couple of drinks, eating some snacks, and playing Wii. I was supposed to enjoy my jammies (according to Zoe) by wearing them to bed and lounging all day on Mother's Day. HAHAHA like that is happening.......

Morning came with a BANG at 1:00 am........Zoe walking into our room crying that she had "puked all over". Doug and I both sprang out of bed to help her......YEP ALL OVER, her bed was covered, I mean covered in vomit. I took Zoe and cleaned her up, while Doug had the fun task of cleaning the bed. I started the first load of laundry right then and there. Zoe slept on the couch from there out with a bucket at her side. She woke at 2:30, 3:30, and again at 4:45 vomiting each and every time. She was also running a fever of 104 and shaking.

Zach also woke up with vomit all over his crib - but no fever. This is his 3rd night waking in a row with vomit and 4th time the has vomited in 3 days. I can't understand why every time he is only vomiting when he is sleeping.

Things could have been worse - I'm so thankful to have Doug around, he helped without a complaint - I know many Father's who would make Mommy deal with it all. That is the best Mother's Day gift I could have gotten - his help! Not that he never helps - he is the best Daddy in the world! (sometimes I just don't see it like I should)

What a Mother's Day -- is there such thing as a re-do for Mother's Day? If so I really need to take one ;-)

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Yes! I vote that you get a redo mother's day next weekend.
Bleck, two weekends in a row with sick kids. I'm sorry!! I hope they feel better soon!