Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 3: Back to OT: Meet Jerry-Anne



This is Ms. Jerry-Anne Zachary's OT.
Zachary is finally back at OT after missing 3 sessions because Jerry-Anne was out of town.
Zoe and I were able to go back with him at first - but that quickly came to an end as he only wanted me and wouldn't do his work. Thursday's don't leave them with much time (only 1/2 hour session) - he started with his brushing and compressions. Today Jerry-Anne threw in auditory therapy. I need to get the info from her but Zach seemed to do really well with it, so I would LOVE to try it at home.
Last time Zach saw Jerry-Anne she had me fill out a M-CHAT which is a check list for red flags on Autism. I knew he was going to have some red flags - it has 23 questions and he got 14 answers wrong (well not that they are wrong - just flags) . We are going to discuss the whole thing on Tuesday when we have a full hour session. The just of it for now was that "he has a bunch of red flags, but he also has some good points. Some of his red flags are also what would be problems with children who have SPD" That is all I know for now - I will be sure an update on this as soon as I have more information from Jerry-Anne.

1 comment:

KoriG said...

Nice to see Jerry-Anne!!