Monday, July 14, 2008

PECS

I'm sure there has to be another way to do all of this but for now with all that is going on I found it best to purchase the things we needed for Zachary's PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)

I found this (what I think is) great website www.autismshop.com and was able to find all I need to get our PECS underway. Ms. Kristin should have some pictures ready for it and my list is also ready for her.

Yes, I'm overly excited about getting this underway - it has been hard watching my sons signs all turn into the same thing -- him hitting his arm for anything he wants. It will be nice to have another way to communicate with him - hoping this goes well!

1 comment:

Debra said...

I actually made my own PECS board. I couldn't find anything that had all the stuff I wanted.

I bought a laminator and add pictures as I need them.

We set our board up every morning with the list of things we will do for the day including what is for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It has helped us a bunch.