Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Countdown Has Started

Not that I've ever stopped counting, but it seems when there is only a week to go I really begin the countdown.

Today I woke up and turned to Doug saying "I can't believe in one week we will be out the door and on the way to meet the Dr" He just kind of looked at me like I'm crazy and reminded me it is the first time we are meeting the geneticist and that we most likely won't be given any answers. To which I replied "Yes, but it is another step to helping Zach" She also has so much detailed information on my child, maybe she might have some ideas running in her head. I also reminded him that it meant the next day we would have some answers as it is 1 week and 1 day until we see the GI and hear what he has to say about helping Zach with the gastroparesis.

As I was getting myself ready I manically went around and cleaned. Then I sat I looked at my binder which is too small for all the information that is placed neatly inside (note to self: buy bigger binder soon!). I also remembered I am to bring family members pictures in for the appointment - well I remembered yesterday and started yesterday - but finished today getting that all in order. I put my binder along with the pictures I have already and Zachary's baby book to the side and ready to grab.

I also called the DP's office again and was told he opens his schedule up one month in advance - Next month is open, but Zach is still on the wait list (2 wait list to be exact - thankfully he won't be waiting the full 12 months it normally takes for some children). The lady I talked with was wonderful and said call the very end of this month or very beginning of next month and she will get Zach in the first week of September.

I remember sitting here a couple weeks ago thinking I couldn't believe how long it takes to get into some of these Drs and now I can almost touch the dates ahead of us.

No comments: