Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Appointments More Testing

Today was a busy day.

Zach had his follow up with the neurologist - well the neurologist's ARNP. I feel like it was a waste of time, money and energy - but that is just my feeling. We found out nothing really new and she wants Zach to be seen again in 2 months but by the Dr next time - Thank you that is who he should have seen today. Oh I was told by her first thing as she walked into the room - "I don't think the answers you are looking for will be found in neurology - you need the geneticist for that" THANKS --- considering Zach has a ton of neurological issues going on, yeah, I think the DR can help but not you lady!!! I was so upset by her! Not to mention she decided to look at some of Zachary's test that the geneticist ran and has me all worked up - I'm calling them tomorrow to find some answers.

Then Zach had an EKG done at the children's hospital. He did great! Laid there just as he was told, no fussing, such a good boy! The tech even gave him a matchbox monster truck - Zach loved it!

Of course it is Thursday so he also had ST today. His session went so well - he is doing something new --- repeating peoples sounds. Today Ms. Kristin said "ha ha ha ha" at something and Zach said it JUST like Ms Kristin as many ha's as she let out sound of it and all AMAZING!!!!

I think we are all looking forward to tomorrow being a no appointment day.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I was told by my insurance company that if Apraxia is a neurological disorder then a neurologist should diagnose it. If I could find a neurologist to do that they might be able to cover more then 30 visits a year. That is 80% of $179 once a week. He has been going since the end of April and I have still not seen a reimbursement check. Of course I haven't ever heard that a neurologist can diagnose Apraxia.

I had Amino and a triple screen run during my pregnancy. Nothing came back genetically abnormal. Maybe it isnt genetic? the Apraxia. I was just wondering what you thought a neurologist or geneticist would help?