Monday, July 28, 2008

Most Wonderful Doctor

I am so happy we have found our new pediatrician. She is the most wonderful, compassionate person who loves her job!

Today I needed to take Zoe to get some paperwork for school, I also wanted to talk with her about Zachary and all that is going on. I ended up spending an hour and a half with her just on Zachary alone. Her MA took the kids out of the room at one point so we could be able to talk better.

The geneticist had already sent her a letter about our appointment and has her own concerns of what is happening. We went over the tests that she is running and why. Dr. M was also able to let me know the geneticist is going to try some type of medical therapy with Zachary when we see her in August depending on the test results.

We also talked about the GI and Zach's GP about Zachary starting this new medicine. Dr. M also has concerns over it and wants an EKG run on Zach before we start the medicine. To be on the safe side of everything. Worst case scenario the drug can cause sudden death and since Zach has so much going on she wants everything to be okay first. She also wants an okay from the neurologist before we start the medicine.

We were also able to talk about Zach's upcoming visit (this Thursday) with the neurologist and questions she wanted me to ask them. She is also calling them before our appointment.

She was able to tell me how tirelessly she has been searching for answers on what is going on with Zachary. The most wonderful Dr in the world even shed a few tears with me letting me know that her door is always open for Zachary and I to come in whether it is to cry or help him she won't stop until we know something and are able to help him become a full functioning adult.

We are so fortunate to have found her!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Having a great ped is so important. I have a great one who helped us get some early intervention before I even suspected there was a problem. I am so glad you found one!!