Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Breathe...and Be Thankful.....



Right now I need to breathe! What better way then looking at a couple pictures of the kids. Happy moments, sibling love! Thanks Kori for getting this on film, oh and you can stop making me cry anytime now!!!
The life of a special needs mom is sometimes filled with a lot of whys and forgetting that life can be a good thing.
I am thankful that I have children who love each other so very much!
I'm very thankful that I have a wonderful daughter who is a perfect sister for Zach. She cares about him so much, like any siblings she gets annoyed by her brother from time to time. Zoe can do things to get under his skin but for the most part she would do just about anything for her little brother. I have never seen siblings get along the way these two do. I hope it lasts ;-)
I am thankful that Zoe has some sort of concept of all that is going on and is the most understanding, compassionate 5 year old I've ever met.
I am thankful for the sibling love they have! These pictures capture them perfectly - this is how it is in our house most days ---- smiles and hugs, I don't have pictures of the other times, but then again that would be best captured on video so you could hear the screams.
I am thankful for the smile that is on Zach's face everyday of his life even though he has been through more things then anyone should ever have to deal with.
I'm thankful for all the giggles that fill my house.
I am so thankful for both of my beautiful children - who even in times of sadness bring the sun into my life!
I admire my daughter's strength, compassion, honesty, and love for life! If we could all live the life of a 5 year old like Zoe - the world would be a much better place!!!!!



1 comment:

KoriG said...

Ok, so now who is making who cry?!?!?!
Sigh...Zoe is the best big sister in the world! I know it's hard to remember that sometimes...dang, even 5 year olds have to get away sometimes, but man...the way she and Alex played with Zach yesterday...on his terms...Zoe is so patient and so kind to Zach. Every kid needs a big sister like her!