Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Started With a BANG!

I sit here and look back on 2009 and what a year it was. I sure hope 2010 goes better then it has started, our house has all been sick, the good news of it all is A. we've gotten it all out of the way and B. we are all on the mend.

January is shaping up to be a busy month for the little man...

Starting on the 4th for a check in with his dietitian.....and she isn't going to be happy. It has been rather hard since he started school dealing with his feeds and getting all he needs into him. This break has helped a ton because I have been able to up his dose into 3 feeds not 4 and still run them at an hour or a little longer. This is HUGE....meaning his little tummy is tolerating more volume.

The 5th both kids have their 6 month check with the dentist. It is never a great time for Zachary, but if you recall last appointment went better then I thought with little along the lines of a shut down. Fingers crossed Tuesday goes as smoothly.

We are adding a new doctor to our list this month a child psychologist. Zach's first appointment is the 19th and I am excited to hear her take on my little man and his situation. I've been very quiet about what has been going on with him because I'm worried and a bit taken back by it all. There have been lots in his life that seem so overwhelming to me and for some reason this is at the top for me. It isn't everyday you hear of a 3 year old going for a psychological evaluation. As I've been reminded by some.....we don't know that anything is psychologically wrong with him, but from what I've been seeing so much more of I would venture to say there is and I can not ignore what is happening.

We also have to get back on schedule with school and therapy -- this is never an easy task for Zach to get used to.

I was also very fortunate to have a lovely lady pop into my life.....you know I feel like things just happen for a reason and some people are able to really point you in another direction. This woman is a truly AMAZING mother and person....she is an angel walking on Earth. It was because of My Button Buddies that she called and the conversation went from the pads to diagnosis of our children. I learned about her daughter, Ana and their families journey to find answers. Here is her blog for those of you interested in reading http://www.helpcureanamaria.com/ By meeting (well, over the phone Emmy) I learned a lot and was able to pass more information on to Zachary's pediatrician....Please hope and pray Zachary is able to get into the doctor that Emmy told me about....Maybe 2010 will bring some answers for Little Zachary!

No comments: