Thursday, January 21, 2010

As Promised....

AN UPDATE

Zach got into Atlanta. We are still waiting on the dates but we received all the new patient information and I was to send it back stating we have it. Hopefully we will have the dates tomorrow....then I will be 100% he is going.

Zach had a very rough day at school and was in much pain. I picked him up and we headed to his GI appointment.....it was a decent appointment. We spoke a lot about Mito and going to Dr Schoffner and what our GI wanted to do.

GI: is all for Atlanta and thinks it is the right step to take and in the right direction. However he told me as much as he'd like for us all to figure out Zachary he is really hoping the signs aren't right. He told me that in his 20+ years of practice he has ever only seen a handful of children with mito and it was never a good thing. There was so much more said........He started talking about wanting to do more scopes on Zach now BUT was very fearful of doing them because "if" this is what he has going under anesthesia is VERY risky (yes, it is always risky) but he was saying it is even more so in people with mito. I asked if this is a reason Zach had a really hard time when he had his button placed and he said "I forgot how bad that was, and yes this is making sense" There were a couple more things he linked to Zach possibly having mito as well.

I'm just so tired I'm not even seeing straight at this point. As much as I want answers I am now conflicted with if I really want those answers.

No comments: