Thursday, December 17, 2009

Seems Like Forever


WOW has it really been since the 2nd that I've blogged?!?! I real do need to catch up....

As usual things around here have been insanely busy. The appointments don't stop, the therapy doesn't stop either, the kids are still kids - school is going well for them both, the puppy is growing, our life is out of control at times BUT for the time being I think I'm at peace with the world around me, or maybe trying to be a tad oblivious to it all during the holiday season. A little peace of mind is a great thing now and again!

I'm sitting here thinking about what has been new.......A bunch has happened and somethings for the time being I'd rather not talk about....I will at some point but for now not talking and trying to forget is a good thing for me.
Let's see...our SLP has gone to Zach's school to observe him in that environment. Her report is interesting to say the least. His OT has run some more tests...again more interesting information has come out of that. His pediatrician is working on getting him in for a psychological evaluation. We are talking about buying an AAC devise http://www.orin.com/access/Proloquo2Go/ because he will no longer talk when he is uncomfortable - he totally shuts down and is not in his own body. We were just at the allergist, who for right now is just going to let Zach be Zach but in April we will be running more tests :( We have many more appointments lined up (as normal for us).
I've been quiet.....I've been quiet, because some of the things going on simply aren't easy for me to deal with.

2 comments:

The Hopeful Elephant said...

and it's ok to be quiet...because you need to digest and deal with results on your own...

Thinking of you.

Sophie said...

Thanks Heather!