Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moving forward....

Yesterday was a very productive day! I was able to get all of Zach's medical records from his pediatrician, allergist, all 3 of his therapists, and my OB records from the pregnancy/birth.

I was able to get a hold of medical records at our children's clinic (where the majority of his doctors are located) - we faxed back the release form and will have all of that in hand (10 docs from there worth) on Tuesday.

I could not reach one clinic that he sees 3 doctors at but was able to leave a message I will try again on Monday in hopes of having those records in my hand on Tuesday as well.

All the 10 pages of forms from the doctor in Atlanta are filled out and gone over with a fine tooth comb to make sure we didn't leave anything out.My hopes are that come Tuesday afternoon I will be up at the post office or UPS sending all of this overnight. First though we will be making our own copies to keep - simply to be on the safe side and in case we need to go threw this again we will have one year worth of records from everyone he sees. I already have a 2 giant 3 ring binders filled with information - but what I was keeping isn't all they needed :(

I have to admit it is a tad disheartening that all these places are charging us to get his records :( BUT it is well worth the money spent for peace of mind and since none of these doctors have figured out what is wrong with him, hopefully the one in Atlanta will know or lead us in a better direction. I sure hope we are up in Atlanta in the blink of an eye.

Hopefully I'll have more of an update soon!!!

2 comments:

Faith Without Sight said...

Why did you have to get your OB records? Were there complications when you gave birth?

Sophie said...

Hi! They need the OB records to make sure how the pregnancy went. No, I did not have any complications....I was a high risk pregnancy dealing with some thyroid issues, but all was under control and the baby was watched very closely. When he was born we did have an issue with him being sunny side up and he took much longer to turn around but the docs assured us he was still getting adequate oxygen. BUT I guess no real complications.