Saturday, January 16, 2010

Poor Little Zachary - My Heart is Breaking

I have one sick little boy on my hands. At the moment he is nonverbal and almost in a cationic state with staring out into nothing -even with the TV on and us trying to get his attention. I believe this has to do with everything he's been threw today -- had a blood draw at 9am and 2 feeds that don't seem to be agreeing with him.

We have uppedZach's feeds to 300ml 3x a day ran over 300ml/hr (this is approximately 10oz of water and 7 scoops of his formula)-- this started out being a fine dose for him but as time has gone on (really only a week we've been trying to do this dose/rate) we are learning this is too much or too fast or both. I don't know, I'm just at my wits end trying to get all he needs into him since that really hasn't happened since school started.

Today his first feed went well....his second feed he fought me on....and well his 3rd feed never happened :(Since his second feed we've dealt with 1 diarrhea diaper and 1 episode of vomiting.

I'm starting to get really worried about his appointment on Thursday with the GI and what he is going to have to say about all of this. Especially considering the other day he had immediate diarrhea after the feed. I don't know what that means since this is kind of a new symptom with his pump feeds. Normally when his tummy isn't working right he just vomits everything.

Once again a curve ball is being sent our way. Yet another thing we will help Zach to overcome. Trial and Error Trial and Error we will get there I just know it. We have to for his sake and ours!

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Praying for Zachary and your family!