Thursday, January 21, 2010

Feeling Very......

Anxious for some answers.....

It was another long night with Zachary. He woke up at 2am....this time there were no screams, he just walked into our room and climbed into the bed while whimpering. This is TOTALLY out of character for him - even as an infant this child did not like sleeping with us, he has ALWAYS needed his own space. Once in our bed he started crying and having a rough time. His breathing is very hard for me to explain but I will try......it has been sounding if too much air is going in threw or coming out of his nose even when I ask him to breathe out of his mouth all I can hear is the air threw his nose. The breathing issues are not just happening at night they also happen during the day as well. This has been happening for a while and is getting progressively worse. He does not have a cold and as of last week the allergist said his passageway is clear. Zachary is to see his ENT in March but I think I will check in with them today about this.

We let Zach lay with us for a while to try and calm him, then I tried to put him in his own room. He wanted nothing to do with being in there. I said "Mommy will lay with you a little while" and he replied "I no want to be in here, doh in your bed" and then the tears came, then the breath holding came and mommy was scared for him and also very tired so I moved him back in with us to where we listened to more crying which slowly turned into whimpering.

Daddy seemed to sleep okay, but Mommy was up the rest of the night until the alarm went off. I am very happy for the peace and quiet that is here right now.

Anxious because......... WE HEARD FROM the doctor up in Atlanta :) He still needs to review the information we sent but the scheduling coordinator contacted us first thing this morning and is checking our benefits with the insurance company. I am hopeful this is a good sign he will be seen. We just wait until we hear something more at this point.

Anxious because.......... today is Zach's appointment with the GI. I have no idea what is happening and having to move 2 appointments up so fast is just mind reeling for me at this moment.
Anxious......... to hear what this doctors plan of attack will be.
Anxious......... about the appointment because either we will hear something or it will be another one of those "well we just don't know" The dietitian has mentioned that he mentioned J-Tube and more biopsies/tests -- that in itself has me anxious since Zach has already been threw so much.

Hopefully as the day goes on we will be getting all positive news.

No comments: