Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yesterday

I had to take a day to think about yesterday, before I was able to write this blog enty -- I really needed time to think. I don't know why...I learned nothing I didn't already know....

Yesterday I was a mess when the lady left our home. I shouldn't have been. One would think I should be numb to things by now -- but truth be told I have plenty of emotions that run threw me!

As far as yesterday she came to the house and started right away. Yet another test, another evaluation for Zach and tons of questions. What upset me the most was this was the same test he was just given by the schools in his Summer Clinic/IEP meeting.

The scores were no different yesterday as they were a little over a month ago but still hurt just as much as they always have to hear. "Your sons cognitive ability is amazingly high!" I hear with surprise in their voices "but when you look here......his adaptive skills, self care, social/emotional, and peer social show where he is severely lacking" their tone changes dramatically to what I perceive as pity and feeling sorry for us. "Based on this test those reasons alone qualify him for school" "then you have his speech and language where he is behind - also a maker for being in the ESE program" I hear (yet again) even though he has started school over 3 weeks ago.

I know we are doing all the right things for Zach and one day his Life's Struggle will be just a distant memory!

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

Isn't the blog a nice way to vent...after you collect your thoughts!

I'm glad you know Zach so well and don't rely on the tests to tell you what a great kid he is.

@ColoradoMom said...

I'm so sorry! I'm dreading it and we are 18 months away. The more I talk to our therapists and docs the worse they seem to think my son is. it's getting very frustrating and we've only just begun. I've bookmarked your blog for inspiration and advice. Hang in there!!!