Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Here We Go Again.....

With the waiting......

Yesterday I got a call Zoe's pediatrician had spoken with the endocrinologist on what tests to run. I picked up the lab request as soon as I got the call. Of course I researched all the tests...mainly they are a bunch of crazy hormone tests, some thyroid stuff, CBC, and a metabolic panel.

This morning I took Zoe to the lab before school. She was not a happy camper and as soon as we pulled in realized Mommy hadn't put numbing cream on her arm --- she FLIPPED out! Zoe refused to get out of the car, I had to lift her out --- not easy to do with a 50+lb, 4 foot, 6 1/2 year old. As soon as she was out and in the door the tears were falling. The same tech was there that took care of Zoe for those 2 months back in June, she was truly amazing and knew who Zoe was and just what to say to her. This time Zoe cried the whole time we were in there, no matter what the tech said or did.

When all was done -- 7 tests were ran and 3 vials of blood were taken. I promised Zoe a treat so we stopped and McDonald's for a yummy breakfast. On our way out we picked up a new Scooby Doo movie and Zoe finally started to get a smile on her pretty little face. I dropped her off and school and now we wait to hear what the blood work says.

I sure hate these waiting games..........here we go, it has started all over again :(

No comments: