Thursday, September 24, 2009

Forgot About Tomorrow....

I've been going threw so much with the kids I just about forgot what tomorrow is....

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting over a month for....the day I take Zach to the ophthalmologist.

He has seen this doctor one time before, close to a year ago when he was going threw all his genetic testing they wanted him seen. His appointment was good then, all clear, his eyes were okay except for bear tracks which the doctor said wouldn't hurt him.

Tomorrow is a really big deal for me. I've been so worried about his eyes....he is having issues that seem painful but since he can't tell us that we don't know. He can not focus on things and when asked to do so he rubs his eyes, blinks a lot, or looks away. After a session of OT where he is working on visual tracking he will sleep for hours (upwards of 5 hours). It makes it really hard when you have a child who is unable to tell you how they are feeling or what they are seeing.

We need to make sure if this is his eye sight or visual issues with his SPD.
I'll blog tomorrow when we know more.