Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ER Visit

Zach with his Orange Bandage
Last night we had to take a car ride to the ER for Zachary. He was taking a bath and decided it was time to get out. Instead of wanting help he thought he could do it by himself, NOPE he fell and hit his chin on the side of the tub.

Cries, Screams, Blood, Pain

Poor Zach was not a happy camper and was giving Mommy the go around as I was trying to look to see how bad it was. He wouldn't let me get at it to clean it either. As soon as Daddy showed up he put on a brave face and allowed him to do what Mommy had been trying to do for over an hour. Zach even giggled while Daddy was checking it.

We made it to the ER about an hour and a half after Zach's fall - with him still bleeding BUT he was in good spirits playing while we waited.

After all was done he ended up with 4 stitches, a cool orange bandage, and a grape Popsicle (one for Zoe too).
I will take him on Monday morning to the doctor to have them removed.

Poor Zach...it sure has been a busy week for him. I'm so very proud of how well he handled it all though!

3 comments:

@ColoradoMom said...

Poor Guy!!!! I hope it heals quick! When my oldest was 4, he had 3 stitches in his eyebrow, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. He was so proud to show them off to anyone and everyone. LOL

Annette W. said...

I'm still waiting for that to happen to us. Glad Zach didn't break anything!

(Have I told you how great your new look is??)

Sophie said...

Emily that is funny! Zach doesn't realize what is going on with his
:(

Annette Thanks - I do think you've told me LOL --- what made it bad is he couldn't talk at all when it happened, he didn't talk for 2 hours :( I hate his dyspraxia and SPD - such an awful combo!!!!