Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So Sad....Pretty Disappointed

Ms. Kristin and Zach in the beginning when all Zach could say was "da" and yes that was literally the only sound he had at 18 months old

Yesterday we had a bit of sad news Zach SLP will not be his SLP anymore, yesterday was her last day with Zachary....

This came out of the blue and left me so sad and disappointed. The reason is simple she will no longer be working because she does not have child care for her own children - I totally get it BUT I'm still sad and still disappointed. She will be missed more then she knows!

I admit it I cried like a baby as she was telling me, she cried to. We have been with her for close to 2 years now and what she has done for our family is priceless. She is family to us and I can't thank her enough for all she has done!!!! I truly feel without her in our lives Zach would be a much different child.

We started Zach's last session with her doing some testing for an evaluation. As we were working in OT Ms. Kristin came back and had already scored his tests. They were okay - not great but okay. We had an issue with his receptive/comprehension score (this has always been very high) it was where she expected it to be - but she is hoping it was because someone else was in the room he did not know. I will know more this week when I pick up her written report.

We were able to meet his new SLP that is replacing her - she seemed nice, but Zach would not talk to her (at all). It will be a struggle for him and a process getting him used to another new person in his life. Something I'm not really looking forward to.

Kristin if you ever read this you.......Please know you are a WONDERFUL person who does GREAT things for many families. I will never have the perfect words to tell you how much you are loved, how much you will be missed, and how thankful I am for all you have done!

Thank you for all your hard work with Zachary and knowing him inside and out (at times I believe you know him just as well as I do - sometimes better).

Without you he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has - you've never given up on him! From day one knowing what was wrong and that he needed more help. Because of you he received so much more ST, he got into OT, he got into PT -- because of you he has progressed so very much and we have learned so much about him. Because of you, I believe you help my son be able to find his voice - sometimes more then I'd like to hear now ;-) but none the less, he only said "da" in the beginning and now he talks -- truly amazing -- I am so very thankful to you!!!!

I am so thankful to have had you in our lives! You will be missed so very much!!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

No comments: