Friday, June 27, 2008

Who Said Friday Is A Good Day?

I didn't even really need to say anything to Ms. Jerry when we got to OT - she just knew.....

Today is one of those days I'd much rather not be here to experience! As soon as we got in the room Zach was all thrown off. His attention span was nothing. He wouldn't use words (not that there are any to really use - more like sounds) or signs. The slightest movement from Zoe sent him into a tail spin like a plane falling from the sky.

At this point we are all unsure of what is happening to my little man! He is disappearing again! Ms. Jerry gave me some new strategies to try from home and we've discontinued therapeutic listen for the next 2 weeks to see if that has something to do with all of this regression.

Today, a whole new thing happened and I wasn't in the room for it (if I could have only been a fly on the wall) - Ms. Jerry called me back as soon as it took place..........

Ms. Jerry has been trying to switch up the swings that Zach is uses....today was a day for a new swing; a net swing........it proved to be way too much for Zachary to handle.........what happened on top of all the sensory problems with it though, was odd - she placed him inside and she knew right away he didn't like it but was determined to make him try it. The way he was angled however proved to be a problem as all of a sudden his breathing changed to the point of she was very worried. Ms. Jerry quickly moved him into a different position and again his breathing became very worrisome. She took him out and called me back into the room (we weren't in the room because Zoe was such a distraction for Zach today) I went back in the room and he was on his stomach on the peanut ball doing slow rolls to calm him. While I was in there Ms. Jerry decided it was time to try his wheelbarrows --- not a good idea - I witnessed first hand the difficulty in breathing she was talking about. We have no idea what caused this and I've never seen it happen before.....Guess we have one more thing to talk to our list of Doctors about.

Happy Friday to us!!!!! (sarcasm people, sarcasm)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Could it have been a panic thing for him? Maybe it was his way of reacting to just way too must stimuli. I hope you can find all the answers you're looking for.

Sophie said...

I wish it was that simple...but it only happened in certain positions - seemed like much more was going on. I'm going to talk with the Dr. about it on Monday.
Thank you so much Jess for all your concern!! YOu've been a great help to me ;-)

KoriG said...

Uggg. one more thing on your rollercoaster of life :-(
Hope you can get to the bottom of it all!