Thursday, July 9, 2009

Part 2: Let the Countdown Begin to ESE IEP Meeting

18 days....and counting

Today while we were at ST Ms. Kristin and I were talking about some of Zach's issues. So I asked her a question about getting into the ESE program for speech.

We are fortunate that a SLP who works at out therapy center in the Summer works for the same school that Zach is zoned for. Ms. Kristin ran out of the room and pulled Ms. Jennifer into it - she then pulled up the last evaluation Ms. Kristin wrote on Zach.....pointed to a couple of things and said................................"If I were the SLP doing his clinic, I would take one look at this, this, and this and he'd be in!" "I believe the other SLP's who may be there will do the same thing!"

I was able to talk with her also about the whole OT issue -- which right now Zach seems to need more the speech. Her reply was.........."Zach must be in the classroom for 6 weeks - then the teacher can request an evaluation. It goes from there"

So based on what Ms. Jennifer had to say --- looks very hopeful Zachary will end up in the ESE Pre-K room in our school district - complete with still having ST on a weekly basis.

WOW! Such mixed feelings on all of this - I'll explore them more when we know 100%.......

No comments: