Friday, July 10, 2009

17 Days and Still Counting....

I just ran to the mail box and received the "Parent Invitation" for Zachary's meeting on the 27th -- this is becoming more real by the day!

When I opened it I had a smile on my face....as I read it I started to get nervous. This is a big step to be taking. A step that I hope favors Zach in continuing his progress.

The invitation states that the purpose of this meeting is to
1: review the evaluation information and determine an appropriate educational program (Eligibility/Placement Staffing)
2: develop an individual educational plan (IEP)
3: Other: Pre K Clinic Evaluation

It also lists all the people who will be there.... The LEA (local educational agency), a school psychologist, a basic class teacher, an SLP. It also says that the service coordinator can't attend the meeting. I have the option of also bring anyone with us that can help --- I'm not sure yet if anyone is coming.

This is right around the corner! Let the countdown continue...............

No comments: