Monday, October 5, 2009

The Stitches Are OUT :)

This morning we took Zach to get his stitches out.

Again I was amazed at what a trooper he is! Daddy sat on the bed with him holding him at his legs and mommy was at the top of the bed holding his head still for the doctor. I'm really not so sure I needed to be doing it. He didn't move not one inch, he didn't cry, he didn't scream, he didn't react to anything.

It reminded Doug and I of the time Zach was in the hospital getting his g-tube placed and the surgeon came in to remove the bumpers from around the button. He just didn't feel anything - or at least that is the was it appears. When the doctor was done he was in udder shock and told Zach "You are one truly amazing unique little boy!"

The pediatrician said she's never had a little one act that way and that this is what happens when SPD is so sever.

As much as I hate the fact Zach's SPD is so sever I guess I have to admit it does has one up - or at least it would seem that way - heck I know I would have been scared but I would have reacted to it, Zach...nope not Zach he goes inside himself. To us that seems so much better but is it really better?!?!

The only thing that was said afterwards was "I no dalk in dool doday" (I no talk in school today) and when we dropped him off sure enough he didn't talk - it was really hard to watch especially as he cried while we left the room. I'm sure he is fine or the phone would have rung already.

No comments: