Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DP Appointment

Zach's appointment with his DP went rather well yesterday!

I'm happy to report there has been no major changes in any of his developmental skills. He had some improvements and some skills he is starting to go down hill in. BUT nothing stood out to Doug and I as a surprise. I will be able to write more on the appointment when we get the written report.

At the end of the appointment he asked if we had any questions and we asked if we could have the information to reach the geneticists who was there last time and popped in the room to look at Zach. The best news is that we can see him and we don't have to travel to do so (he is from a city about 2 hours from here) He comes to the DP's office once a month. ---- We go next week because of a cancellation he had (normally it takes a couple moths to get in to see him) YIPPEE!! I'm so happy this is the Dr who took one look at Zachary and said he believes he may have Russell Silver Syndrome http://www.magicfoundation.org/www/docs/112.111/russell_silver_syndrome

Now, I'm just trying to keep as optimistic as I can. We take Zach to see the cardiologist tomorrow if he finds a heart defect it would totally rule out RSS and going to see the new Dr will be a waste of time.

Neither issue is an issue you would want any kid to have but if you had your choice you'd go with RSS. For us I think it is just been too long with no answers as to Zach's problems - we just want answers.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Tomorrow will tell you so much! I'm praying for the apt and for Zach!