Sunday, December 21, 2008

Flying By

Life sure has been flying by these days!

I have no time on my hands for anything, including trying to find time to get on here and blog.

Seems the only thing I do these days is talk on the phone to multiple people trying to figure out insurance woes or trying to get some type of assistance for when our insurance stops paying for things or speaking with Drs, making appointments ect.

On Friday I talked to CMS 8 different times. Thank God for them because they are wonderful!Every where we've looked we've been turned down because of our financial status but CMS is able to help us, only with our formula but that runs about $1400 a month (yes fourteen hundred no decimals) However, they will not be able to help with the rest of the supplies. I am so very thankful that they can help us with the formula though.

On Friday I also spoke with 2 different people from our stupid insurance company. The problem you ask.....the problem is they are giving us the run around and NOT letting us know what is and is not covered. Our formula which is a prescription (you can not get it over the counter) is NOT a covered benefit, yet you can fight it. So we have and what did we get..............$2000 towards formula for the year AFTER we meet our detectable AND we must pay a co-payment each time ---- how much is that co-payment? I wouldn't know they won't tell me. Obviously that $2000 will not go very far. I'm going to say it again Thank God for CMS! Our insurance is awful! I shouldn't complain, I know, we are so very fortunate to have insurance and a job BUT I can't help and feel the way I do.

The financial burden of Zach's condition is a lot. I pray we will find a way to make everything all right.

As I sit on the phone day in and day out all I know, all I see is the time flying by. I dream of the moment where the phone calls will cease and I can look at life in a new way......a way where it isn't all just flying by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sophie!
Who is CMS? I'm glad you found some help!
I know how stressful the financial burden can be, and I am so sorry for your hard times.
I can offer a little hope...the appointments usually do get less here and there, and you can enjoy just "being" with your kids.
Amy in WA

Sophie said...

Hey Amy!
How is Eli?
CMS is Children's Medical Services It is for Special Nees children in FL.
Thanks for the hope! This month hasn't been so bad with appointments - next month is booked ;-)