Monday, December 1, 2008

Can't Believe A Full Week.....

Has gone by.......

I'm back in a quiet spot lately.

Thanksgiving was good. I cooked the whole meal for our family.

Zach of course didn't eat much. What a difference from last year when he ate 2 plates of food. This year I filled his plate with a spoonful of everything and I think he may have eaten a bite or two of turkey, a green bean or two, and maybe one bite of mashed potatoes.

It is getting harder and harder for me to watch Zach around food. He just doesn't want to eat orally. He used to go thew a half gallon of rice milk in a day and now I've been lucky to get him to have one cup a day. Just this morning I gave him 1/4 of a cup of Cheerios (something he used to love) and he ate 10-15 cheerios, handed me the bowl, and said "all dum"

I'm so frustrated!

Last week I took him to see his pediatrician and told her according to his neurologist he had lost weight -- since she had seen him the week before she said "this will be easy enough to see if it is true" took him out to the scale and weighed him...........sure enough he had lost weight according to her scale as well........about a pound and a half of weight! Zach doesn't have weight to loose like this. The lack of oral eating is too much!

I called his dietitian today - we have an appointment for next week but she feels he needs to be seen this week instead. Right now she is trying to coordinate with the GI. She is also getting him in with in the next week to see a feeding therapist.

Zach is doing good regardless of the weight loss. His smile is still there, his energy is great. I wish I could take a lesson away from Zach and always be so positive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sophie! This is Amy in Washington state.
Got your thank you gift today. It was terrific! The chocolate is delicious and who can resist Mickey! :)
Thank you so much! I'll be following your blog!