Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Update...Good News, Iffy News, Bad News

I'll start with the good...

The main test for MD came back negative!

The iffy news...some of the other tests came back questionable. Zach's Dr called me in to the office to let me know, yet I'm still unsure as to what it all really means. For now she was calling his neurologist and giving him the results - we are to see him in November and she wasn't concerned with Zach getting in sooner. She told me that the Dr will re-order the same test and this one would be used as a baseline, and that he will also run an EMG. As far as it sounds MD for the time is ruled out but still not 100% out of the possibility.

The bad...at OT today Ms. Jerry started his re-evaluation - it didn't go so well. As Zach is beginning to regulate himself with his SPD we are noticing more and more where he is lacking in other areas. She will give me a full report when we finish the testing. For right now some of it is showing Zach at more of a 15 month old level - far behind where we want him to be.

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for yet at the same time dreading going to. Tomorrow is the day we follow up with the DP. It is amazing at how fast the time has passed...2 weeks came and went in the blink of an eye.

Let's all hope for some good news tomorrow!

No comments: