Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today Is The Day: Part 2

Today is the day we can have a little victory for Zachary!

Today was the day we found out that Zachary does not have autism!

I told the DP that Zach has SPD and he said to me "I'm going to say one word to you........Autism" I looked at him and nodded my head. He replied with "I can tell you right now that Zach does not have autism!" Immediately I cried - happy tears - all this time, wondering if that was what was wrong with Zach and it isn't.

Today is the day that I still can't type what is wrong with Zach. However, we still know something is wrong. We take Zach back to the DP on the 26th - that is the day we will have answers.

Today is the day we heard:

"yes, he has developmental delays"
"yes, he has hyportonia" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypotonia
"yes, he can not speak"
"yes, something is wrong"

Today is the day that we heard everything we already knew.

Today is the first time in a long time I've had weight lifted off of my shoulders!

Today is the beginning of yet another wait - a 20 day wait, I can handle the wait!

Today is a rather good day!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Yep! I heard that a lot too... "Does he have Autism?"
Not Nathan either.. Huge congratulations on the great GREAT news :)