Monday, February 8, 2010

One Week Left and a THANK YOU!!!!

ONE MORE WEEK! I can not believe next Monday morning we will be waking up out of state getting ready for a BIG day! Appointments are nothing new here BUT to be so far away from home.....I can't explain the different element this brings to seeing a doctor or having tests ran. Unless you've been there doing this with a child or yourself I'm afraid you just have no concept of just what we are going threw, but I do thank you all for trying!

Monday: Tests in the morning and a two hour appointment with the doctor. I am excited and nervous to meet Dr Shoffner. I realize we won't have answers that day - but I have a glimmer of hope, maybe, just maybe he'll see something that sticks out to him and say "AH Yes...it really could be this or that or this or that - but of course we'll need to see what the tests say"

Holy Cow that means in ONE MORE WEEK & ONE DAY we will be waking up preparing for an even bigger day of tests.

Tuesday: Muscle biopsy and spinal tap. We've been trying to explain to Zach and so far he is ready for it. This morning when picking out his clothes for school - he came across a pair of fleece brown pants with matching jacket and a baseball shirt, he asked "I wear dis do hospital? It cozy" DONE pulled it out and packed it up :) Zachary is such a little trooper - I think he wants answers just as much as we do at this point.

I think Doug and I are still in shock this is happening and the fact it is happening so very quickly.

We have had an outpouring of support from people both near to us and from afar friends, family, acquaintances, and also from people we've never met. Thank you all for your support and prayers! I can not tell you how much reading your entries in the guest book or getting calls, letters, and e-mails has meant to us.

In a letter Doug put together for someone he said it best:

In a time where we feel frustrated, defeated, and emotionally drained you have restored our faith in the caring nature of mankind. Although Zachary is too young to understand, he will learn about all of the support, prayers,kindness, and generosity we have received as he grows older. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's seems quiet since you guys are gone. I hope Zach is doing okay with all the testing and isn't too overwhelmed. I know it's got to be hard for him, and hard on you guys, too. Hang in there Soph and Doug! You'll have answers one way or the other soon!
Lot's of prayers and good thoughts and of course I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes for you guys... Tristan will cross his arms and legs for Zach since that's about all he can manage so far :)