Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Dates Are SET!!!!!!!!

Yesterday we got the wonderful news Zach's appointment have been set to see Dr. Shoffner -- and rather quickly too..............Okay so I've had some time to breathe and get over the inital shock of getting into Dr Shoffner so quickly.

As my wonderful cousin Pam wrote:

I hope Atlanta will have some fun time for Zachary too! Have a safe trip. ~Pam

Which got me to thinking -- we were already planning it, Atlanta has a bunch of fun things to do but the biggest and what I think is the most fun will be the Georgia Aquarium!

So our itinerary is looking like this....

Saturday Feb. 13th drop off Otis at our breeders house and head to Atlanta. This is about a 6 hour drive. Hopefully get acquainted with where all his appointments are at.

Sunday Feb 14th: is Valentines day and what a better way to spend it then as a family at the Aquarium! http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Monday Feb 15th: he will fast and then have some tests in the morning. From 11am-1pm we will be in with Dr Shoffner. Then hopefully we will relax a bit or do a little site seeing to get our minds off of what lies ahead the next day.

Tuesday Feb 16th: Zachary and of course Doug, Zoe and I will spend the day in the hospital having his biopsy and spinal tap.

Wed Feb 17th: a day of rest and hopefully that will be in the hotel not the hospital as long as surgery goes well.

Thursday Feb 18th: Hopefully we will be making our way home and picking up Otis - again this will depend on how well Zach is doing.

I don't have all the times of the tests yet. I should receive a "large e-mail" hopefully today from them. I am also waiting on calls from the hospital. We need to talk with the anesthesiologist and I've been told to make sure they are aware of how hard it was for Zach coming out of his last surgery. We also have to find out how much this is all going to cost us. Please pray that somehow insurance is covering it -- after all that is why we pay for insurance BUT as we know it doesn't cover most of Zach's medical needs so I will not be surprised by anything at this point.

No comments: