Friday, May 29, 2009

Zoe: Mini Update

I spoke with Zoe’s rheumatologist today about her recent blood tests.....

She too is worried about her low WBC count. She told me she would like to see her retested in 2 weeks. I let her know I was taking her in on Monday and she said "even better!" She agreed with Zoe’s pediatrician and said once a week blood draws if levels are still low and a trip to the infectious disease doctor as well.

I asked about her JRA causing any of this and she said "absolutely not" I asked if her Methotrexate would cause this and she said "in April she wasn't on it, the chance one dose would do this in May isn't probable and the probability of this being just coincidence is highly unlikely" in fact she told me the dose Zoe is on would not do this regardless.

So, still no answers as to why this is happening to Zoe, but I'm glad to know I have two wonderful doctors on top of her situation.

No comments: