Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School: Zach

the bus the driver and aid seem so sweet and caring

Zach on the bus: his seat is the first seat right behind the bus driver

waiting

I'm ready now

More waiting: my bag is as big as me!
Today is Zach's very first day of school. Many of you who keep up with me know that Zach is starting ESE Pre-K through our public school system. He will be 3 in September but because of his social delays they decided to start him on the first day of school in hopes he will do better this way.
Zach's day started very early --- 6:15am. He asked me to open his blinds so he could see outside and told me "Mommy not morning yet?!?! It dark outdare" I told him he will be able to see the sun rise while he was getting his feed. As the sun was coming out he said to me "dee Mommy dare da dun, it is morning now" He did good waking so early.

We waited and waited for the bus......it was running late, but finally did show up. Zach was such
a brave big boy. I carried him onto the bus (the steps are as tall as his legs) and the aid put him in his seat. What a brave big boy he was - no tears were shed and he didn't seem to be shutting down as I was stepping off the bus.

I can't wait to hear how the rest of his first day at school went - I was so proud of him this morning!!!!!
My baby is growing up!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

Thanks for the update! Those are some big, clear words for an apraxic child! Go, Zach! I hope he had a great day!

Sophie said...

They are very big......Zach has been making HUGE progress ;-) As his SLP keeps saying he is still dyspraxic but he is clearly becoming more of an artic kid these days --- I'm one pround Mommy!